• The Chico Seed Orchard nature trail is about one mile long, paved and surrounded by a variety of trees with an interesting historical background. Photo by Heather Taylor on Feb. 3, 2024.

New trail of thought: Chico Seed Orchard

• Chico State baseball celebrates a hard-fought win over Montana State Billings. Taken by Lukas Mann on Feb. 8.

Revamped Chico State baseball squad off to undefeated start

• Wildcats play. Taken by Milca Elvira Chacon.

Chico State men’s basketball weekend recap: A triumph and setback on the road

• Students wait in line for the Harvester food truck. Taken by Jolie Asuncion Sept. 22, 2022.

15% of Sales: Associated Students Dining Services agreement

• Members of SWANASA group holding up a cut ties with genocide banner on Chico States campis

Students organize pro-Palestine walkout protest on Feb. 8

Women’s golf finishes 17th in tournament

O_Keefe.jpg
Junior Dani O'Keefe led the 'Cats with a total score of 163, giving her a 44th place finish at the Sonoma State Spring Invitational at the Rohnert Park Foxtail Golf Club on April 6. Photo Courtesy: Chico Wildcats

The Chico State women’s golf team struggled to put up good scores in the Sonoma State Spring Invitational at the Rohnert Park Foxtail Golf Club on April 6 and 7.

The team finished 17th out of the 20 teams who competed.

Junior Dani O’Keefe led the ‘Cats with a total score of 163, 82 in round one and 81 in round two, giving her a 44th place finish. O’Keefe was the only Chico State golfer to finish in the top-50 individually

Sophomore Abbey McGrew finished tied for 69th, she shot a first round 84 and an 86 in the second to finish with a total of 170.

Junior Bianca Armanini ended the Spring Invite tied for 71st. Armanini carded a total score of 171 through the two rounds.

Sophomore Sydney Zink shot an opening round score of 85 and a second round score of 90, which left her tied for 79th place.

Senior Spencer Downey finished tied for 86th. In round one she carded a 93 before a seven shot improvement in the second round, shooting 86 for a total score of 179.

The Wildcats next tournament is at their home course of Butte Creek Country Club on April 20-21 for the Interwest Wildcat Invitational.

Matthew Vislosky can be reached at [email protected] or @MattVislosky on Twitter.