Morning sex: The best kind of breakfast in bed

J.Q.-Hammer-Oface-Week-13-no-2.jpg
Photo credit: J.Q. Hammer

Your eyes are just starting to open, and your mind is just waking up. You roll around in an attempt to collect your last comfortable moments in bed and decide to indulge in some spoon action with your partner. You’ve just had enough time to say hello to the day when you realize it isn’t the only thing you’re saying hello to.

People, I’m talking about morning sex.

Morning sex can kick-start your day and leave you glowing throughout. Plus, there are few better ways to get your day going than with some sex-induced endorphins.

Although it’s something I almost always encourage, there are usually some questioning thoughts that go through my head during this unconventional wake-up call.

The tragedy of dragon breath

Everyone can relate to the struggle of morning breath, and I think we can all agree that it’s almost always the first thought that runs through your mind right before a steamy morning sex session. Well, maybe second to excitement.

Pausing to brush your teeth before will most likely ruin the spontaneity, so in turn you’re left to wonder and apologize for the possible oral sensations you may be sending your partner’s way.

Maybe even leave a glass of water by the bed for a quick swish before getting physical.

Why are we making eye contact? Is there something on my face?

This relates more to the ladies in the world who understand what it feels like to fall asleep with makeup on and wonder if the night was gracious enough to leave everything on your face where you left it.

Not having a clue what you look like before morning sex can leave you feeling somewhat vulnerable. But if it got you this far, chances are you’re doing something right.

The light! It burns!

Morning lighting shows absolutely everything. Standing by a well-lit window while facing downward on a bed in the early morning is up there on my list of least desirable situations to find myself in.

Unfortunately, this is just one of the casualties you may need to accept while taking part in morning sex. Although the magnified lighting leaves you with little room to hide your insecurities, it may just be good practice for letting go of your inhibitions and just enjoying the moment.

While it may have its quirks, I can genuinely say that I have never regretted taking part in some early morning loving. Sex in the morning can enhance your mood, relax your senses and leave your partner thinking about you throughout the day. So rise and ride — you’ll be happy you did.

Sophia Xepoleas can be reached at [email protected] or @soph_mxx on Twitter.