• Photo taken inside of the Bistro. Photo courtesy of Luis P.

Big Tuna Sushi Bistro: Flavor, tradition, innovation

• A student shovels dirt over the 2024 time capsule outside of Kendall Hall. The time capsule will be unveiled in 2074 as they are unveiled every 50 years. Taken by Grace Stark on April 23.

Chico State holds annual Time Capsule Ceremony for graduating seniors

Motorcyclist taken to Enloe after collision

Photograph by Jeff Barron A man was taken to Enloe Medical Center after a collision on his motorcycle with a white Mustang on Nord Avenue.
Photograph by Jeff Barron
A man was taken to Enloe Medical Center after a collision on his motorcycle with a white Mustang on Nord Avenue.

A motorcycle and car accident occurred on Nord Avenue around 11 p.m. Wednesday, just outside the Village at the Timbers apartment complex.

A white Mustang was heading south on Nord Avenue to turn into the apartment complex when the motorcyclist, heading north, lost control for unknown reasons, according to officer Ryon Mitchell of Chico Police Department, who was at the scene.

The motorcyclist fell over and skidded to the side of the road way, Mitchell said.

Joshua Stewart, a Chico State political science professor, went outside to look when he heard the crash of the accident.

“There was a collision, I heard people screaming,” said Stewart. “I came down here and there was a guy in the road with his motorcycle over there and a car almost on top of him.”

Stewart said the motorcyclist looked alert and there was no CPR performed.

The car driver is a woman and the motorcyclist is a man, Mitchell said. At this time, it is unknown if either the driver or the motorcyclist are Chico State students.

The motorcyclist was taken to Enloe Medical Center and it is unknown whether or not he is in critical condition, according to Mitchell.

Christine Lee can be reached at [email protected] or @theorion_news on Twitter.

Watch the video here:

http://theorion.com/breaking-nord-avenue-accident/