• Tommy, a 3 year old Golden Retriever, interacts with students at The Well. Taken by Toby Neal on Feb. 28.

Bell Memorial Union is going to the dogs

• Signs with checkmarks on them. Created by Steven Amador on Mar. 1

CSU Board of Trustees to vote on Academic Professionals of America tentative agreement

‘Cats take 2nd place as tournament host

22a7d59b-4de2-44ff-8648-bb781fbcf144.png
Sophomore Abbey McGrew finished the Wildcat hosted tournament tied for 5th place on April 21. Photo Courtesy of Abbey McGrew

The Chico State women’s golf team hosted the Interwest Wildcat Invitational and came away with a second place finish in a four-team field.

Only three other teams showed up for the tournament, Sonoma State, CSU Monterey Bay and CSU East Bay.

Junior Bianca Armanini finished in second place with a final score of 149, 75 in round one and 74 in round two.

Junior Dani O’Keefe finished in fourth place with a round one score of 73 and a round two score of 78, which totaled her at a final score of 151.

Sophomore Abbey McGrew ended tied for 5th place. She shot a first round score of 79 and shot five strokes better in round two, which gave her a 74. She totaled a final score of 153.

Senior Spencer Downey finished tied for 16th with a final score of 164 through the two rounds. Sophomore Sydney Zink finished the tournament in 21st with a final score of 177.

The Wildcats will head to Rohnert Park for the NCAA Championship West Regional on May 3-5.

Matthew Vislosky can be reached at [email protected] or @MattVislosky on Twitter.