• Traffic-jam resulted from accident involving three vehicles. Taken by C. Nicholas Kepler on Feb. 27.

Traffic accident causes jam in Downtown Chico

• Rapper Yung Lexx rapping at the Victory in Union event. Taken by Samuel Moore on Feb. 25.

‘Victory in Unity’ event celebrates Black History Month

• Chico State freshman Michael Baker following his first home run of the 2024 season. Photograph taken by Will G. MacNeil.

Chico State baseball splits conference opening series against Cal Poly Pomona

• A driver failed to yield, hitting another vehicle which collided with a parked car in Chico Sunday evening.

Community center offers student internships

Center for Healthy Communities banner. Photo credits csuchico.edu
Photo courtesy Chico State

The Center for Healthy Communities in Chico is offering internships for students in the summer and fall of this year.

The organization is based on nutrition, physical activity, and policies to change the world’s obesity problem. It began it 2001 with one health program and has grown to 27.

The Center for Healthy Communities aims to keep communities clean, safe and empowered for everyone.

With this internship, students will be able to gain experience, work with food growers, participate in community events, help infrastructure building and develop promotion and outreach strategies.

There is a broad range of majors relating to this community, and students of all majors can apply for the internships. Students can apply online at the school website under Jobs and Internships or contact Jennifer Murphy at (530) 898-4318.

Hannah Suzuki can be reached at [email protected] or @hannahsuzuki22 on Twitter.