Lyme Aid concert comes to 1078 Gallery

lyme poster.jpg
Courtesy of 1078 Gallery.

The second annual Lyme Aid concert will be presented at 1078 Gallery on May 16 with a night full of local music and awareness. The event is being presented by The Lyme Center, a nonprofit organization in Chico that is dedicated to education, advocacy and outreach for Lyme disease in Butte County.

Performers include:

Farrar, who is also a board member of The Lyme Center, has Lyme disease and had this to say about the event.

“The purpose of Lyme Aid is awareness,” Farrar said. “We live in a county where tick season is year-round, and people are literally dying here from Lyme.”

According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are an estimated 300,000 new cases in the U.S every year.

“May is Lyme Awareness Month, and this concert is one of several events we’ve organized,” Farrar said. “Don’t worry, it definitely won’t be a night of depression or sickness. We’re gonna have fun. We have $1000 in raffle prizes donated from generous local businesses. Thanks to 1078’s new beer license, we will have adult beverages for sale, as well as delicious refreshments.”

Admission for the event will vary from $5 to $15 and all money will go to helping The Lyme Center.

The event will start at 7 p.m. and go until 10 p.m.

Erin Vierra can be reached at [email protected] or @gingersmurf85 on Twitter.