Uber comes to Chico

Jenice Tupolo

The popular driving service app, Uber, is expected to expand its services to Chico mid-September.

“They [Uber] just want to create safe, reliable rides for students that are cheap for the community,“ said Uber brand ambassador and Chico State senior, Tyler Dennison.

The San Francisco-based company is working to expand its services to campuses in California by promoting its business at UC Davis and Fresno State as well.

“I think this will be easier for students, rather than having to call a taxi,” said Dennison. “It’s cheaper than taxis too.”

The app is available for iPhones and Androids and involves a cashless exchange between the driver and rider. Once the rider has arrived to their destination, fare is charged to their credit card or PayPal account on file.

Uber is available in 60 countries with price varying by location. Sacramento is currently the northernmost city in which Uber is offered in California.

Jenice Tupolo can be reached at [email protected] or @JayTupolo on Twitter.

One Response to “Uber comes to Chico”

1. Cheap Taxi Service Fresno Ca | company - cabcompany on November 20th, 2015 12:03 pm

[…] Uber comes to Chico – The San Francisco-based company is working to expand its services to campuses in California by promoting its business at UC Davis and Fresno State as well. “I think this will be easier for students, rather than having to call a taxi,” said Dennison. […]

Uber comes to Chico