Clothes during sex aren’t always bad

sex5WEB.jpg
Photo credit: Emily Reising

Do you ever find yourself sitting around thinking of ways to spice up your sex life or making the whole process more sexy? If you do, then lingerie is your answer.

I feel like the term “lingerie” always comes with a negative stigma— a word reserved for the costumes that porn stars, strippers and prostitutes wear. However, we should all know that lingerie is meant for much more than a profession and can instead be used as an extra-added bonus to enhance sex. There’s no need to continue viewing wearing lingerie as scandalous because our bodies are beautiful, and we should be entitled to feel comfortable accentuating that.

Personally, I have never gone out and purchased a full lingerie set (as much as I want to), and this is because of a few different reasons. For one, us girls know that lingerie is not cheap— at all. It’s actually quite expensive, which nearly makes it a luxury item that can be fun to splurge on.

Of course there are alternatives to expensive lingerie. For one, you don’t have to go to Victoria’s Secret and can instead go to different retailers that sell lingerie for cheap. Also, a sexy bra and panties can have the same effect as lingerie without breaking the bank.

Unfortunately, the idea of wearing lingerie (especially for college-aged women) isn’t all that common. And some girls are probably a little reluctant to try it out. There shouldn’t be a reason for women to feel uncomfortable trying on or even wearing lingerie in a sexual situation.

Lingerie accentuates the body and instills self-confidence, an amazing feeling during any sexual encounter. Although I’m a firm believer of only doing what makes you happy, I don’t think it hurts to try to make your sexual partner happy and satisfied as well. And from what I’ve gathered from different men, seeing their partner in lingerie will guarantee both happiness and satisfaction.

So, I think it’s finally time to break out of the mold and start exploring the world of lingerie. Being able to feel sexy in a cute, lacy, matching undergarment may sound superficial, and that’s why it’s necessary to look at the deeper meaning behind lingerie. It stands for self-confidence. You should never stop exploring the wonderful world of sex, and I think lingerie-town is always a fun one to visit.

Emma Vidak-Benjamin can be reached at [email protected] or @gnarlyemma on Twitter.