• Say hello to your new mayor. Photo by Robledo Rafael Andrade via Pexels.

'The Big Dipper'

A modest fur-prosal: Put pets in local politics

• Customers enjoying food in the seating area of Mas Amor Mexican Food. Taken by Jessica Miller on March 2.

Mas Amor Mexican Food’s grand opening is just the beginning

Women’s volleyball takes down Cal State Dominguez Hills

Olivia Mediano of the Chico State Wildcats.

The Wildcats traveled down to Southern California to face off against the Cal State Dominguez Hills Toros, winning in four sets to improve to 10-2 overall and 2-0 in the California Collegiate Athletic Association standings.

Led by setter Torey Thompson’s 51 assists, the ‘Cats got a solid start by taking the first set 25-21, but then the Toros battled back, winning the second set 25-22.

The Toros, who began the night having lost their last three matches, fell apart in the third set as the ‘Cats romped to a 25-8 win.

Chico State avoided any unnecessary drama by taking the fourth set 25-21 to reach double digits in the win column. The ‘Cats are already three wins away from matching last season’s 13-win total.

Defensively, the ‘Cats were on point throughout the match with Anu Munkhtur, Shannon Cotton and Jacki Kreymborg tallying 21, 17 and 14 digs, respectively. Olivia Mediano posted a match-high 19 kills and Ashton Kershner compiled 12 kills, 3 service aces and 2 blocks. Chico had a hitting percentage of .225 compared to Dominguez Hills’ .099.

Nick Reddy can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @NickIsReddy.