• Nate Farrington, new director of Adventure Outings, holding up some climbing rope that needs to be organized. Taken by Maki Chapman on February 8th, 2024

Nate Farrington takes the lead as Adventure Outings’ director

Police still seeking 5th and Ivy tire slasher

IMG_20151009_141826.jpg
    Tahoe Pure Water truck drivers have experienced two incidents of vandalism in the last month. Photo credit: Kindra Robinson

Police are seeking an unknown male suspect who slashed the tires of two Tahoe Pure Water work trucks at Fifth and Ivy Streets on Sept. 27 at 3:25 a.m.

The suspect, who caused $1,000 in damage, was seen on a private video surveillance camera. He was seen eating at a nearby restaurant prior to the incident, according to the Chico Police Department.

This isn’t the first time Tahoe Pure Water has dealt with tire slashings or other issues of vandalism.

“This is the second time it’s happened in a month,” said Bruce Morgan, owner of Tahoe Pure Water.

Vandalism in the area has been pretty common and seems to be getting more frequent, Morgan said.

The suspect was a white male between the ages of 18 and 25, according to Chico police.

Kindra Robinson can be reached at [email protected] or @kr0bins0n1 on Twitter.