• Tasha Alexander gardening. Photo Courtesy of Tasha Alexander.

Tasha Alexander: inspiring educator, alumna

• Pacientes y estudiantes pueden quedarse en la sala de espera antes de su cita. El laboratorio de Wellcat está dentro del centro de salud. El laboratorio realiza una variedad de pruebas incluyendo para ETS y otros problemas de salud.

Una nueva ETS está en el pueblo: ¿Que debería saber?

• Patients or students can stay in the waiting area before appointments. The Wellcats lab is located inside the heath center and performs a variety of tests including for STDs and other health issues. Taken by Milca Elvira Chacon.

New STI just dropped: What should I know?

Softball offense not cooled by rain

Junior Cyrena Taylor catches the ball during the game against Monterey Bay on Feb. 20. Photo credit: Lindsay Pincus

The Chico State softball team didn’t just beat the rain in the doubleheader against the Cal State San Marcos Cougars on March 4.

The Wildcats offense was the star of this game, taking 19 hits from the combined effort of first-year Ari Marsh, senior Alli Cook and junior Cyrena Taylor, collecting three hits apiece in the morning game. In the afternoon, first-year Rachel DeHart, senior Desiree’ Gonzalez, junior Sarah Galaviz and senior Brynn Lesovsky all posted two hits.

All around the ‘Cats played outstanding as a team and were able to blank San Marcos for 13 straight innings, with both hurlers flirting with no-hitters.

The fifth inning in both games was the inning to watch.

In game one, Cook led off with a single and eventually scored from third on Taylor’s RBI groundout, making it 3-0.

GalavizRecap.jpg
Junior Sarah Galaviz prepares to hit the ball at the game against Monterey Bay on Feb. 20. Photo credit: Lindsay Pincus

In game two, the bottom of the fifth was the play of the day, when they were able to score five times.

Lesovsky brought home Gonzalez with a single to center, then sophomore Haley Gilham knocked in a pair with a single up the middle. Cook and DeHart followed with RBI singles.

The Saturday games were canceled due to unplayable conditions and have not been rescheduled. The Wildcats pick up this weekend against the Cal State San Bernardino Coyotes.

Esther Briggs can be reached at [email protected] or @estherbriggs191 on Twitter.