Chico scoped by the big leagues with League of California Cities coming to visit the city

From the League of California Cities website

Amelia Storm

Representatives from the League of California Cities are expected to visit Chico this Friday.

The representatives will partake in local sightseeing and beer tasting before commencing with their business meeting, which will include talks about economic development with Chicostart, Team Chico, the Chico Chamber of Commerce and the Downtown Chico Business Association.

The League of California Cities is a nonprofit association that assists cities in the realm of state and federal governance and seeks to provide education and training services to city officials.

The Sacramento Valley division encompasses 18 cities including Chico, Sacramento, and South Lake Tahoe.

The league was founded with the goal, “To expand and protect local control for cities through education and advocacy to enhance the quality of life for all Californians,” according to their website.

Amelia Storm can be reached at [email protected] or @amelia__storm on Twitter