Police arrest man connected to burglaries at two Chico schools

Police+arrested+a+man+for+burglary+of+Pleasant+Valley+High+School+and+Bidwell+Junior+High+on+April+3.+%28Photo+courtesy+of+Creative+Commons%29.+

Police arrested a man for burglary of Pleasant Valley High School and Bidwell Junior High on April 3. (Photo courtesy of Creative Commons).

Chico Police arrested Nathan Henderson early Sunday morning for burglaries that occurred at Pleasant Valley High School and Bidwell Junior High.

Here’s what happened:

On April 2, officers responded to a burglary call from Pleasant Valley High School for crimes that were committed in two separate buildings on campus. The suspect fled the scene before officers arrived, according to a press release.

Officers located the suspect at Bidwell Junior High around 4:15 a.m. on April 3 after Henderson forced open a cafeteria window.

He attempted to flee, but officers took him into custody near the basketball courts.

Henderson was arrested for three counts of burglary, possession of stolen property, resisting arrest and possession of drug paraphernalia. Chico Police were able to obtain evidence linking Henderson to the burglaries at Pleasant Valley and he later admitted to breaking into the buildings on both campuses.

Henderson was sent to Butte County Jail on no-bail for a previous violation of his parole terms, according to the release.

Stephanie Schmieding can be reached at [email protected] or @stephschmieding on Twitter.