• The Chico Seed Orchard nature trail is about one mile long, paved and surrounded by a variety of trees with an interesting historical background. Photo by Heather Taylor on Feb. 3, 2024.

New trail of thought: Chico Seed Orchard

• Chico State baseball celebrates a hard-fought win over Montana State Billings. Taken by Lukas Mann on Feb. 8.

Revamped Chico State baseball squad off to undefeated start

• Wildcats play. Taken by Milca Elvira Chacon.

Chico State men’s basketball weekend recap: A triumph and setback on the road

• Students wait in line for the Harvester food truck. Taken by Jolie Asuncion Sept. 22, 2022.

15% of Sales: Associated Students Dining Services agreement

• Members of SWANASA group holding up a cut ties with genocide banner on Chico States campis

Students organize pro-Palestine walkout protest on Feb. 8

CSU Board of Trustees elects new member

John Nilson will be the new representative for alumni on the CSU Board of Trustees. Photo source: CSU Bakersfield Facebook

The CSU Board of Trustees appointed John Nilon as alumni trustee on Monday.
Nilon, a graduate of CSU Bakersfield, will now serve on the board as a representative for alumni of all 23 CSU campuses.

Nilon was voted in by members of the CSU Alumni Council due to his close association with his alma mater and the CSU system since he graduated. His past experience includes membership and leadership positions on the boards of directors for the CSU Alumni Council, the CSUB Alumni Association and the CSUB Foundation. He is currently serving as Kern County’s chief administrative officer.

Nilon’s main duty will be to consult with the CSU Alumni Council and have their ideas and values represented at board meetings.

The alumni trustee is the only position on the board that is not approved by the state governor and legislature. Nilon will serve a two-year term and will not receive any salary.

Elizabeth Helmer can be reached at [email protected] or @lizziehelmer on Twitter.