• The Chico Seed Orchard nature trail is about one mile long, paved and surrounded by a variety of trees with an interesting historical background. Photo by Heather Taylor on Feb. 3, 2024.

New trail of thought: Chico Seed Orchard

• Chico State baseball celebrates a hard-fought win over Montana State Billings. Taken by Lukas Mann on Feb. 8.

Revamped Chico State baseball squad off to undefeated start

• Wildcats play. Taken by Milca Elvira Chacon.

Chico State men’s basketball weekend recap: A triumph and setback on the road

• Students wait in line for the Harvester food truck. Taken by Jolie Asuncion Sept. 22, 2022.

15% of Sales: Associated Students Dining Services agreement

• Members of SWANASA group holding up a cut ties with genocide banner on Chico States campis

Students organize pro-Palestine walkout protest on Feb. 8

Man stabbed in Chico parking lot

The stabbing happened at the parking lot on Second Street and Wall Street. Photo credit: Elizabeth Helmer

A man was stabbed in a parking lot early Sunday morning.

According to a police press release, police received the call around 1:30 a.m. that the man was stabbed multiple times in the lot located east of Wall Street and south of Second Street.

Police officers could not find any witnesses, nor could get a statement from the victim himself.

The man suffered serious injuries and was taken to the hospital where he recovered and his condition stabled.

The identity of the victim will remain hidden from the public until police investigate the motive behind the attack.

Anyone who may have witnessed this incident or has any information is asked to contact the Chico Police Department at 897-4900.

Elizabeth Helmer can be reached at [email protected] or @lizziehelmer on Twitter.