Gym playlist: 10 songs to get you pumped

A good playlist can be the determining factor of a good workout. Photo from Flickr user: Arya Ziai

With summer right around the corner, the desire to get in shape is stronger than any other time of the year. Almost everyone wants to get that summer body, but sometimes the motivation to exercise is not all the way there. One of the key parts to get moving is having a bumping playlist to get you going.

Sometimes all you really need are a few high-energy songs to get you hyped for a workout. Here are a few favorites from my personal gym playlist that will make you want to get up and move.

The list is mainly hip-hop and has a combination of songs good for cardio and lifting weights. Each one will not fail to get you pumped in one way or another.

1. “Work” by Rihanna ft. Drake

Easily one of the catchiest songs on the list, so I had to put it first. You’re lying if you say you don’t move to the beat once the chorus kicks in.

2. “Turn Down for What” by DJ Snake, Lil Jon

Why would you ever want to turn down in the gym? This song is perfect for any type of workout.

3. “Pursuit of Happiness (Steve Aoki Remix)” by Kid Cudi

Steve Aoki brings a nice twist on one of Kid Cudi’s classic songs in this remix. This song is so upbeat and positive it makes you feel like you are on top of the world.

4. “Party Up (Up In Here)” by DMX

Probably one of DMX’s best known songs, “Party Up” has a nice solid beat and is good for lifting weights or steady cardio.

5. “Party Rock Anthem” by LMFAO

This high-energy anthem will get you moving for sure.

6. “GDFR” by Flo Rida and Sage the Gemini

Abbreviated for “Goin’ Down For Real,” this song definitely gets you ready to make it go down in the gym.

7. “Rock That Body” by The Black Eyed Peas

It was produced specifically to make you want to move your body. Perfect gym song.

8. “Outta Your Mind” by Lil Jon ft. LMFAO

This song gets you going with Lil Jon’s repeated screaming of “get out of your mind.” That is some solid motivation.

9. “Post to Be” by Omarion ft. Chris Brown and Jhene Aiko

The collaboration of different voices on this track combine to bring a nice mix of positive and motivational energy.

10. “Remember the Name” by Fort Minor

There was no way I could leave this song out. This is a classic motivational song that will get anyone ready to kick butt.

Cassandra Porter can be reached at [email protected] or @cassieporter_ on Twitter.