• 2023-24 Chico State men’s golf team in front of Kendall Hall. Courtesy: Jason Haley/Chico State photographer

Chico State men’s golf prepares for upcoming conference championship

• Elodie, played by Millie Bobby Brown, in the March 8 Netflix release of “Damsel.” Courtesy: Allied Global Marketing/Netflix

He said, she said: ‘Damsel’

• Romani Wedding - Photo Courtesy of Efigenia Galea.

‘My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding:’ A shallow depiction of the Roma community

Pocket Points has Chico roots

Pocket points has become a staple of student life at Chico State Photo credit: George Johnston

While Pocket Point’s popularity has skyrocketed in recent semesters, it may be a little known fact that the app was created by two former Wildcats.

The app was created by Chico State students Rob Richardson and Mitch Gardner during the spring semester of 2014, and the idea was an instant success.

The app works as an incentive to put away your phone during class. While the screen is locked, the app accumulates varying points, depending on the day and how many people are using the app on your campus.

Points can be traded for discounts and free food at both local and online businesses.

It is now on over 100 campuses across the United States, and the pair have taken a leave of absence from school due to the success of their business.

Amelia Storm can be reached at[email protected] or @amelia__storm on Twitter