Snack break tips for finals week

Finals are here and it’s time for a snack break. Photo from Tapingo Instagram

With finals, sometimes students can get so caught up with studying they forget to eat.

It is vitally important to stay fed during these hectic times in order to keep brain function at maximum levels. Here are some tips on how to stay fed while trying to survive finals.

One great tool that can be used to save time is Tapingo, available in the app store, a food delivery service that has recently started operating in Chico. They offer delivery from favorites like Ike’s Place, Chipotle, Burgers and Brew and many more. Tapingo also delivers to the library — convenience at its finest.

If you’re looking for a good place to study while getting healthy food served to you, sophomore public relations major Katherine Reed suggests Tea Bar downtown, because it has a nice atmosphere to sit for a while.

“Proximity to campus is a huge plus for me,” Reed said. “I like Tea Bar a lot because you can study there. Celestino’s is also great if you just want to grab a quick slice of pizza.”

Senior communications major Angeline Kelly prefers something quick.

“When I’m short on time, I like to snack on healthy foods from Butte Station like a bag of almonds,” Kelly said. “I also always make sure to always eat breakfast. It will usually be something fast like oatmeal.”

Another key food tip for finals week: NEVER SKIP BREAKFAST. It is said to be the most important meal of the day and for good reason. The nutrients you consume in the morning supplies your energy levels for the rest of the day, keeping you alert and attentive. This is especially important during a mentally taxing time like finals week.

Keep these tips in mind when you’re preparing for a long study session, and good luck on finals. May the curve be ever in your favor.

Cassandra Porter can be reached at [email protected] or @cassieporter_ on Twitter.