• Orange cones block the entrance to the Dutch Bros on Esplanade. Photo taken by Amy Blair on Feb. 28.

Dutch Bros on Esplanade temporarily closed

• The student health center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, and is closed for an hour each day from noon to 1 p.m. Courtesy: WellCat Health Center, taken by Jason Halley/University Photographer

Healthcare for students anytime, anywhere: all the WellCat has to offer

• Second Street from the B Line bus station. Taken by Maki Chapman on Feb. 28.

Backsliding on alcohol rules, or maybe moving forward

• Staff Members of the Black Youth Leadership Project 
Left-Right: Pamela Irby, Laniea LaGarde, Quinessa Stibbins, Laila Anderson, Candy Jackson, Keila Lee, Brandon Trowel

Community leadership project aims to uplift Black youth 

• Jason Rabinowitz, secretary-treasurer of Local 2010, addresses Unit 6 workers ahead of the ratification vote. Photo taken from Teamsters 2010 Flickr account.

Teamsters Local 2010 tentative agreement to be voted on by CSU Board of Trustees

Men’s golf protects their green

Sophomore Kelley Sullivan watches his teammates tee off during a Wildcat practice. Photo credit: T.L. Brown

The Chico State men’s golf team finished the InterWest Insurance Wildcat Classic by tying for first with Western Washington University with a cumulative stroke total of 877.

It was Chico State in the end who won the tiebreaker with their consistent play, as their top four members had better rounds than the golfers at Western Washington.

Chico State’s success was spearheaded by sophomore Kelley Sullivan who finished in 6th place, with a final score of 1-over par 217. During Sullivan’s final round he shot a team-low 69 and finished 4 strokes under par.

Also cracking the top ten was senior Cole Chavez who tied for seventh with a stroke total of 218. First-year Chris Colla was the last on the ‘Cats roster to place in the top 10, by tying for 10th after shooting a first round score of 70. Although Colla did well in the tournament he was not a member of the ‘Cats five-man team.

Sophomore Jordan Oliver had a difficult third round with 79, after snagging a pair of 72s early in the tournament. Oliver finished tied for 31st with a stroke total of 223.

Junior Colby Dean also had problems in the tournament’s final round, as he carded a 76, adding two strokes to his game. Dean tied for 36th in the Classic. Coming in last on the Chico State roster was sophomore Serge Kiriluk who had a pair of 76s to end the tournament, and tied for 48th.

The ‘Cats return to the green on Oct. 17 at the Otter Invitational.

Jordan Jarrell can be reached at [email protected] or @ChicoOrionJJ on Twitter.