AS Bank Closure

Current A.S. Financial Services Center room 219 in BMU Photo credit: Karen Limones

The Associated Students Financial Services Office will be closing May 22 in the BMU and re-opening July 1 in SSC 230 due to a bank transition on the University side.

According to information provided by Susan Jennings through email, this is the first temporary closure to happen and will help facilitate the transfer of student organization accounts to the campus.

Joel Ramirez, the assistant coordinator for student organization leadership education, said this change will be a convenience to student organizations because they will be able to access funds during extended business hours and eliminate transaction service fees.

“I love the transition. I think the decrease in staffing within the Associated Students will be helpful to them because moving the account to the stateside gives them more resources to the student clubs,” said Ramirez. “What I mean by resources is it allows them more hours that they can do financial business and removes the two percent charge that used to exist and also gives them a location they’re familiar with over in student cashiering.”

Former A.S. President Michael Pratt said when situations like these occur they ensure that all students are informed in advance.

“We try to be as transparent as possible, as clean and clear as possible because we don’t want people saying they didn’t get told. We don’t want to put anyone in that situation,” Pratt said. “The only difference I think is where they will pick up their money or access their account.”

Accounts will not be accessible for any reason during the closure. If student organizations have afflictions during this time, it will be addressed through the Student Life and Leadership office.

Student cashiering is located in the Student Service Center.

Karen Limones can be reached at [email protected] or @theorion_news on Twitter.