College of business gets new dean

_DSC8578.jpg
Judith Hennessey

Judith Hennessey has been chosen as the new dean of Chico State’s college of business, according to a press release from Chico State.

Hennessey comes from California State University, Northridge where she serves as the interim dean of the college of business. She replaces Julie Indvik who has been serving as the interim dean since August 2012.

Hennessey is interested in the highly effective faculty and student engagement at Chico State, she wrote in an email to The Orion. She feels positive about the unique educational potential at the university.

“I chose to come to Chico because of the quality reputation of the business programs and the warmth and apparent dedication of the faculty, staff and students,” Hennessey wrote.

Since 1994, Hennessey served as chair of the marketing department at Northridge then associate dean and then interim dean, she wrote.

Out of a large pool of applicants, Hennessey was the most qualified for the position, said Belle Wei, the provost and vice president for academic affairs. A dean search committee was organized and partook in extensive research of each applicant.

The committee found that Hennessey had a very strong track record. She has extensive administrative experience, working to foster the well-being and success among students and staff, Wei said.

“I feel energized by the possibilities and excited by this opportunity to educate for the future,” Hennessey wrote.

Hennessey will begin her position on Jan. 6, 2014.

Nathan Lehmann can be reached at [email protected] or @theorion_news on Twitter.