• A girl and her dog enjoy the blue cloudy skies and fresh air on a walk in Cannonville, Utah, appreciating the beauty of nature and calming energy it brings. Taken by Ava Aragon on July 29, 2023.

10 ways to celebrate Earth Day

• Photo of Katie Callahan, who ran the event. An art history major in her senior year, she is the single student employed by Wellcat Safe Place. Taken on April 18th, 2024

Affirmative consent: What is it?

• 2023-24 Chico State men’s golf team in front of Kendall Hall. Courtesy: Jason Haley/Chico State photographer

Chico State men’s golf prepares for upcoming conference championship

Chico State’s study abroad program ranks second in the nation

Chico State ranks in the top three for international studies. Photo credit: Sean Martens

The nonprofit educational and cultural exchange group Institute of International Education ranked Chico State in the top three universities for studying abroad.

This is the second consecutive year as well as the ninth time in 10 years that the university has been ranked one of the nation’s top three universities for international studies, according to a press release.

A total of 392 students from Chico studied abroad during the 2015-2016 academic year.

“It means a lot to our program and staff that we are once again nationally ranked in a category that is representative of our mission for true immersion and individual growth,” said Jennifer Gruber, program’s coordinator in the press release.

Chico State also welcomes students from around the globe. Over 600 students and 60 educators and scholars from 42 nations participated in the program in 2016-2017.

Natalie Hanson can be reached at [email protected] or @NatalieH_Orion on Twitter.