Gender and Sexuality Equity Center holds 10th Annual Queer Conference

The BMU welcomed visitors to the queer conference Sunday. Photo credit: Natalie Hanson

This year’s Queer Conference, Re-Envisioning the Rainbow, was held in the Bell Memorial Union Sunday.

The conference brings together educators, activists, students and community members from around the state with True Diversity in Queer Communities as this year’s theme. The free event took place from 12 p.m. until 6 p.m.

Queer conference
The 10th Annual Queer Conference focused on diversity. Photo credit: Natalie Hanson

Safe discussion for the LGBTQ+ community, including issues and education, was encouraged at the conference. Workshops on topics such as coming out, self-healing, internalized queer phobia and sexism were offered.

This event is part of the effort by the Associated Students GSEC to provide education and a safe campus environment in order to empower students.

For further information the GSEC is located in BMU 004 at can be reached at 530-898-5724.

Natalie Hanson can be reached at [email protected] or @NatalieH_Orion on Twitter.