• Rapper Yung Lexx rapping at the Victory in Union event. Taken by Samuel Moore on Feb. 25.

‘Victory in Unity’ event celebrates Black History Month

• Chico State freshman Michael Baker following his first home run of the 2024 season. Photograph taken by Will G. MacNeil.

Chico State baseball splits conference opening series against Cal Poly Pomona

Retiring campus leaders to be recognized on campus

Stewart retires as Medical Chief of Staff this semester. Courtesy of the Student Health Center/ Jason Halley.

Ceremony will be held in recognition of two campus leaders, Deborah Stewart and Charles “CC” Carter, Friday.

Stewart will retire from her position as Medical Chief of Staff at the Student Health Center. Carter, founder of the Cross Cultural Leadership Center, retires by Dec. 31.

The retirement reception for Stewart is going to be held in the SHC from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. It will be a free campus event with refreshments, including an awards ceremony that will take place at 2 p.m. Stewart is to receive recognition from colleagues, according to Eddie Roman of administrative support for the SHC.

Deborah Stewart came to Chico State in 2010 with experience of 11 years at UC Irvine. She will be recognized for her work in the SHC and overseeing CADEC, Safe Place and the Counseling and Wellness Center, according to Roman.

“Out of the many years as a clinician and the various places I have worked, none have been as special or more rewarding than my tenure at Chico State,” said Stewart. “The high caliber of staff I work with and most importantly the students will always be near and dear to me.”

The event recognizing Carter is to then take place at the Bell Memorial Union from 3 p.m. to about 4:45 p.m. Colleagues will share their experiences with Carter since his position as director of the CCLC in 2008.

CCLC
Carter is to retire by the end of the month. Image courtesy of Jason Halley/University Photographer.

For further information, you may contact Eddie Roman at [email protected] or Rocio Leal at rleal@csuchicoedu.

Natalie Hanson can be reached at [email protected] or @NatalieH_Orion on Twitter.