• Tasha Alexander gardening. Photo Courtesy of Tasha Alexander.

Tasha Alexander: inspiring educator, alumna

• Pacientes y estudiantes pueden quedarse en la sala de espera antes de su cita. El laboratorio de Wellcat está dentro del centro de salud. El laboratorio realiza una variedad de pruebas incluyendo para ETS y otros problemas de salud.

Una nueva ETS está en el pueblo: ¿Que debería saber?

• Patients or students can stay in the waiting area before appointments. The Wellcats lab is located inside the heath center and performs a variety of tests including for STDs and other health issues. Taken by Milca Elvira Chacon.

New STI just dropped: What should I know?

Traffic collision in Oroville, one dead

Photo credit: Sean Martens
Photo credit: Sean Martens

A vehicle driving through a red light struck another in an intersection in Oroville Sunday.

According to a release Tuesday, a Chevrolet Tahoe was traveling east on Las Plumas Ave at about 1:38 a.m. As the vehicle entered the intersection at Lower Wyandotte Road, it struck a Toyota Tacoma also entering the intersection.

Oroville’s California Highway Patrol stated that the Chevrolet vehicle had ignored a red traffic signal at the intersection, leading to the collision.

The driver of the Toyota was fatally injured and pronounced dead. Lovie Shorter, the driver of the Chevrolet and his passenger received minor injuries in the collision.

Shorter was arrested on scene on charges of suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and subsequent vehicular manslaughter.

The cause of the collision has not been released. According to Officer Ryan Lambert, no confirmation has been made of any alcohol use being involved in the incident and is pending further investigation.

Natalie Hanson can be reached at [email protected] or @NatalieH_Orion on Twitter.