Business department, university recognized for excellence

Suzie Nakao, Melanie Higgins, Xeng Thao, Jose Barron (left to right) and other graduate students in the Colleges of Business (BUS), Communication And Education (CME), Engineering Computer Science And Construction Management (ECC) were honored during their Master's Commencement Ceremony on Thursday, May 18, 2017 in Chico, Calif. The business department has achieved accreditation and high praises in 2018.
Photo courtesy of Kelsey Horne and Jason Halley, University Photographer.

Suzie Nakao, Melanie Higgins, Xeng Thao, Jose Barron (left to right) and other graduate students in the Colleges of Business (BUS), Communication And Education (CME), Engineering Computer Science And Construction Management (ECC) were honored during their Master's Commencement Ceremony on Thursday, May 18, 2017 in Chico, Calif. The business department has achieved accreditation and high praises in 2018. Photo courtesy of Kelsey Horne and Jason Halley, University Photographer.

Jason Halley/University Photogra

Jason Halley/University Photogra

Jason Halley/University Photogra

Public Affairs announced that the College of Business achieved a re-accreditation and recognition this week.

The business department received the prestigious five-year recognition from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The college has been fully accredited by AACSB since 1972.

“Reaffirmation of our AACSB accreditation is an important seal of approval
and considered the gold-standard quality assurance for all business

colleges,” said Associate Dean Ken Chapman in an email.

The college was reviewed by three business deans from across the country in October 2017 and commended by the review team.

“The faculty and staff members…are deeply committed to
student success and to assuring that students have the ‘Chico Experience,’”

said the peer review team, according to Judith Hennessey, College of Business Dean.

Hennesey said, “They called out the environment of the college as intensely student-focused, nurturing, collaborative and warm.”

Chico State is one of just 15% of all universities with a business college in the nation which receives this recognition.

Natalie Hanson can be reached at [email protected] or @NatalieH_Orion on Twitter.