Association for science teachers offers students opportunities

Photo credit: Sean Martens
Photo credit: Sean Martens

The National Science Teachers Association had its first meeting of the spring semester Monday.

Mark Newton, Facility Advisor for the NSTA, led the meeting. Professors and students were welcome to join and discuss important upcoming deadlines for scholarships.

Dr.Todd Greene of the Center for Water and the Environment was in attendance, and shared information on the upcoming event, “Big Chico Creek Watershed Tour”, which is offered as a one-unit course for all students who are interested.

NSTA helps students who share an interest in the science field by offering opportunities to make connections. The overall goal is to teach students how to become great science teachers for the future.

“We tentatively have a guest speaker planned to discuss the Credential Program application process,” said Newton.

Meetings of the course and of the NSTA are regularly held in Holt Hall. For more information, contact Mark Newton at [email protected].

Danielle Cortes can be reached at [email protected] or @theorion_news on Twitter.