• Tasha Alexander gardening. Photo Courtesy of Tasha Alexander.

Tasha Alexander: inspiring educator, alumna

• Pacientes y estudiantes pueden quedarse en la sala de espera antes de su cita. El laboratorio de Wellcat está dentro del centro de salud. El laboratorio realiza una variedad de pruebas incluyendo para ETS y otros problemas de salud.

Una nueva ETS está en el pueblo: ¿Que debería saber?

University police in process of improving security on campus

Chief John Reid informed the campus community of upcoming improvements to security on Tuesday.

Due to concerns of safety, there will be enhanced security reviews at the Physical Science building, Student Services Center and Meriam Library, according to a release from Reid.

Access points will be limited at the above locations as well as the Student Health Center. Kendall Hall is restricted to the main entrance for security purposes.

Security initiatives in process include active shooter video training and a drill scheduled for April. A web redesign of campus and personal safety is being updated and a real-time, online criminal map is in its final stages of development, which will be available to the public.

The campus police are also working to make sure officers are present on campus during peak activity hours and more accessible to community members.

“The safety and security of each member of Chico State is the university’s top priority and we are making continuous improvements to ensure our campus meets the highest safety standards,” stated Chief Reid in the release.

Tisha Cheney can be reached at newseditor@theorion or @orionnews_TC on Twitter.