Man arrested for fatal shooting in Oroville

A man was caught and taken into custody Sunday for fatally shooting another man in Oroville this weekend.

Oroville police first responded when they were dispatched to the Oroville Hospital at 2:45 a.m. Sunday after a call about a patient who had a gunshot wound to the head.

The person who brought the patient to the hospital fled the scene before officers arrived, according to a press release from the Oroville Police Department. Doctors were unable to save the patient, 22-year-old Adam Krater, and he was pronounced dead at the hospital.

After a lengthy search, officers located 25-year-old Noah Gonzales at 9:30 a.m. Sunday and took him into custody for questioning in connection to the murder. A firearm was also recovered that police believe was used to murder Krater.

It is currently unknown what led Oroville police to determine that Gonzales was the suspect, as they have not released the motive behind the murder, where the shooting took place, or where they located Gonzales.

Following his interview with officers, Gonzales was promptly booked into Butte County Jail for the murder of Krater. His bail is posted at $1 million.

Josiah Nicholl can be reached at [email protected] or @josiah_theorion on Twitter.