Chico State men and women’s golf finish top-10, continuing to progress

Chico State golfer Jordan Oliver, a junior, was one of five golfers who competed for the Wildcats team Monday and Tuesday. Photo Courtesy: Jordan Oliver

Although darkness suspended the second round of play for the men’s golf team they still finished in fifth place out of 17, while the women finished ninth out of 17 teams in the tournament.

Chico State’s men and women’s golf teams registered another top 10 performance in the Tim Tierney Pioneer Shootout in Pleasanton, CA Monday and Tuesday.

The men were led by Josh McCollum who finished with a 1-over-217, putting him at a tie for ninth place in the tournament out of 96 golfers.

The women were led by Clare Brady who shot a total score of 161 in two rounds, which put her in a tie for 30th out of the 96.

Other golfers for the Chico State men included Chris Colla and Serge Kiriluk, who both finished tied in 23 place with a final score of 223. Colby Dean finished one stroke off his teammates at 224 while Kelley Sullivan finished with a score of 229 to take 45 and Jordan Oliver finishing 56 place with a score of 233.

For the women, other Chico State women included Emily Rotter in 38 place with a score of 163, Natalie Kinney with a score of 164, Brittany O’Bryant with a core of 166 and Madison Stephens with a 169.

The women’s next plays in The Augusta Spring Fling in Palm Desert, CA on March 15 and 16.

The men next plays in The South Central/West Region Preview in Amarillo, Texas on March 12 and 13.

Andrew Baumgartner can be reached at [email protected] or @abaum94 on Twitter.