• Meet The Orions fall 2024 editorial board. Collage created by Ariana Powell on May 8 using Pixlr.

Meet The Orion’s fall 2024 editorial board!

• President Perez shaking the hand of Taylor Bisby as she receives her Masters degree. Taken by Jessica Miller on May 15

Chico State celebrates Graduate Studies Commencement

• Live from the World Contamination Tour. Photo taken by Penny Howle and courtesy My Chemical Romance.

An alt-girl’s origin story: emo beginnings

• Photo credit: Diego Ramirez

Congrats to The Orion graduates!

• Chico State, David Stachura. Photo credit Chico State

A final wrap up of Stachura

Chico State men’s golf finishes second at The Joust at Goose Creek

Chico State men’s golf team celebrating a victory during the 2017-2018 season. Photo Courtesy: Nick Green

Chico State men’s golf finished in second place at Goose Creek Golf Club in Jurupa Valley.

The wildcat men finished eight strokes behind the leaders and hosts of the tournament California Baptist University, but 12 strokes ahead of the third place finisher, Simon Fraser University.

This is the third time the men have finished second and the third time in the last four tournaments.

Leading the way for the Wildcats was Kelley Sullivan. He finished fourth place overall out of 103 competitors with a score of 209.

Finishing in fifth place right behind his teammate was Serge Kiriluk with a score of 211.

The women’s golf team was also in action Sunday and Monday.

The women took 17th place in the Otter Invitational on the Poppy Hills Golf Course in Pebble Beach, finishing with a final score of 320. The final round was not able to be finished due to rain and unplayable surfaces.

Leading the way for the wildcat individuals was Clare Brady who finished with a 75, good enough for a tie for 16th place.

Other golfers for Chico State were Natalie Kinney and Shannon Milliken who both finished tied for 72nd place with scores of 81 each.

The Chico State women’s golf team’s next tournament is April 2 and 3 at the Sonoma State Spring Invitational in Rohnert Park, while the men play April 2 and 3 at the Hanny Stanislaus Invitational in Turlock.

Andrew Baumgartner can be reached at [email protected] or @abaum94 on Twitter.