Chico State track continues success in Stanislaus Multi, Woody Wilson Classic

Adelae Freeden participates in the 110m hurdles at Chico State. Photo credit: Kailah Cabiles

Chico State’s track and field teams split action over the weekend, part of the team was in Turlock for the Stanislaus Multi and the others were in Davis for the Woody Wilson Classic.

Stanislaus Multi

In the Stanislaus Multi, the men participated in the decathlon, while the women participated in the heptathlon.

The Chico State men swept the first three spots of the decathlon as Lane Andrews, Corning High alum Alex Davila and Dylan Smith finished first, second and third respectively.

The Wildcat men finished first in eight of the ten events.

Lane Andrews finished first in the long jump, 400 meter dash, and the 1500 meter run. Alex Davila finished first in the shot put and second in two other events. Dylan Smith finished first in the discuss, pole vault, and javelin. The other first place finish from the men was Randall LeBlanc in the 110 meter hurdles.

The women were led by freshman Adelae Fredeen who finished seventh.

Fredeen finished in the top-5 in the 100 meter hurdles, 200 meter dash, and the 800 meter run.

Woody Wilson Classic

In the Woody Wilson Classic in Davis, the Wildcats had a handful of first place finishes.

For the women Megan Farrell and Erica Davis took first and second in the pole vault. This is Farrell’s third first place finish in the pole vault this season.

Another first place finisher was Jenavieve Turner in the 400 meter hurdles with a time of 1 minute and 1.39 seconds.

Turner’s time would register as the second best time in Chico State history in the women’s 400 meter hurdles.

For the men, Nolan Nagle made school history in the hammer throw. His throw of 186 feet and 8 and a half inches placed second in Chico State history. Nagle finished third in the tournament.

The other notable finisher for the Wildcats was Kelly McConnell who ran the 400 meter hurdles and finished first place with a time of 0:52.95.

The Wildcats next travel to Southern California for three meets next week with the Mt. SAC Invitational, Bryan Clay Invitational at Azusa Pacific and the Beach Invitational at Long Beach.

Andrew Baumgartner can be reached at [email protected] or @abaum94 on Twitter.