• Visualization of an anxiety attack

How to have an anxiety attack

• Students and faculty members strike at CSU campus. Courtesy: Chico State Students for Quality Education

CFA strike to take place Thursday at Sacramento State

• Photo by: Jé Shoots from Pexels

10 non-Christmas songs to get you in the holiday spirit

• Miles Daniels shooting wide open mid-range vs. the Broncos.

Afifi records career-high in win over the Broncos

• Image courtesy of Pexels.

Taking a breather

Errors and missed opportunities kill Wildcats hopes against Dominguez Hills

Grant Larson started for the Wildcats Friday night and pitched five innings. Photo credit: Alex Grant

The Chico State baseball team fell short of a win against Cal State Dominguez Hills, losing by a score of 6-5.

Errors and missed opportunities doomed the Wildcats Friday. The ’Cats committed three errors that proved costly and left runners on base, including a bases loaded situation that could have broke the game wide open.

The Wildcats struck first in the Friday’s matchup. In the first inning, Cameron Santos drove in a run with a single to right field before Alex Devito single to drive in another.

An error by Dominguez Hills led to a run for the Wildcats in the third inning to give the team a 3-0 lead.

Dominguez Hills would fight back starting in the fourth inning by adding a run by a groundout to first base. In the fifth inning is when Dominguez Hills really fought back.

The Toros hit a double to deep center field to drive in two runs, tieing the game at three a piece. A costly error in the infield then lead to another run for Dominguez Hills as they took the lead 4-3 in the fifth inning.

Larson pitched five innings, giving up seven hits and five unearned runs. Chico State battled back to tie the game in the fifth inning on a wild pitch and an RBI single by RJ Hassey to tie the game at five for the Wildcats in the fifth.

Dominguez Hills took the lead in the top of the ninth inning on pinch-hit ground rule double. The Wildcats could not score in the ninth and fell to the Toros 6-5.

The Wildcats conclude their series with Dominguez Hills at 11 a.m. Sunday.

Noah Enns can be reached at [email protected] or @NoahEnns21 on Twitter.