• A group of raised hands against a blue background. Created by Ariana Powell on Feb. 23.

CSUEU, non-academic student assistants to unionize

• A person ducks under the fallen tree on the Warner Street pedestrian bridge. Taken by Molly Myers Feb. 21

Pedestrian bridge closed due to downed tree

• An unlabeled food truck sits awaiting customers. Image by Andreas Volz from Pixabay.

On-campus food trucks have revolutionized Wildcat eating

• Participants in KCSC’s show are all deeply involved in their performances. 
From left to right: Sierra Buck, Kennedy Jude, Rose Fields, Aaron Gee, Madalén Cortez, and Jeffrey Lenh. Photos taken by SavStudios on Feb 17, 2024.

KCSC Radio presents: Melodies of love and heartbreak

• Flyer courtesy Daniel Veidlinger

Chico State holds religion and COVID symposium on Friday

Congressional candidates participate in forum on campus

A forum was held at the Harlan Adams Theater at 7 p.m. Monday for the First Congressional District Candidates.

The event was co-hosted and moderated by the League of Women Voters of Butte County, Associated Students and the Office of Civic Engagement.

All four Democratic candidates attended the event: Audrey Denney, Jessica Holcombe, Marty Walters and David Peterson.

One Republican candidate, Gregory Cheadle, and one Green Party candidate, Lewis Elbinger, also attended the forum. Incumbent Doug Malfala, who is a Republican and has held the seat since 2012, declined to attend citing a scheduling conflict.

The forum covered numerous issues and had a strong focus on healthcare, infrastructure for the Oroville Dam, the opioid crisis, gun control and immigration.

Most candidates had stances that aligned with the main beliefs of their political parties. While the Democratic candidates supported issues like Medicare for all and a path to citizenship for Dreamers, Republican candidate Cheadle was against universal medicare and said that when it comes to undocumented immigrants,“My thing is to take care of home first.”

The date for voting in California for candidates to represent District 1 is June 5. The forum can be watched in its entirety here.

Josiah Nicholl can be reached at [email protected] or @josiah_theorion on Twitter.