Coach of the year Angel Shamblin leads list of nine Wildcats on All-CCAA list

Pitcher Haley Gilham won Most Valuable in the Tournament as well as being named to the CCAA All-Tournament Team. Photo Courtesy: Janna Weiss Photography. Photo credit: Janna Weiss

The Chico State softball team leads the league in almost every batting and pitching category along with some of its top players ranking amongst the top three. Individually all their hard work has paid off after nine Wildcats were recognized with 2018 All-California Collegiate Athletic Association honors.

Amanda Flores, Haley Gilham, Megan Bowley, Karli Swowrup and Wendy Carinali were named to the All-CCAA Championship Tournament team after their outstanding performance over the weekend. Cardinali’s performance was topped off with a run-saving diving play at shortstop to end Sunday’s tournament final. Gilham was also named the tournament’s Most Valuable Player after coming up victorious in all three of her starts in Stockton.

Here is a look at the players who earned 2018 All-CCAA awards:

2018 ALL-CCAA Softball Team

First Team

P- Haley Gilham

2B- Karli Skowrup

SS- Wendy Cardinali

OF- Ari Marsh

OF- Kristin Worley

Second Team

P- Naomi Monahan

1B- Cyrena Taylor

DP- Amanda Flores

Honorable Mention

3B- Bailey Akins

Most Valuable Pitcher: Haley Gilham

Coach of the Year: Angel Shamblin

NCAA Championship All-Tournament Team

Softball

Megan Bowley had the game winning RBI in the second inning of the CCAA Championship final on a single to right field, scoring two runs and putting the Wildcats on top 3-2. Photo Courtesy: Janna Weiss Photography Photo credit: Janna Weiss

Softball

Amanda Flores was and to the CCAA All-Tournament Team. She was also selected to the 2018 ALL-CCAA Softball Second Team. Photo Courtesy: Janna Weiss Photography. Photo credit: Janna Weiss

P- Haley Gilham

DP- Amanda Flores

2B- Karli Skowrup

SS- Wendy Cardinali

OF- Megan Bowley

After winning the CCAA Championship Tournament, Chico State now hosts the NCAA Championship West Regional starting Thursday. The No. 1 Wildcats first take on No. 8 Northwest Nazarene.

Katalina Santamaria can be reached at [email protected] or @katalinaleanet on Twitter.