• The student health center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, and is closed for an hour each day from noon to 1 p.m. Courtesy: WellCat Health Center, taken by Jason Halley/University Photographer

Healthcare for students anytime, anywhere: all the WellCat has to offer

• Second Street from the B Line bus station. Taken by Maki Chapman on Feb. 28.

Backsliding on alcohol rules, or maybe moving forward

• Staff Members of the Black Youth Leadership Project 
Left-Right: Pamela Irby, Laniea LaGarde, Quinessa Stibbins, Laila Anderson, Candy Jackson, Keila Lee, Brandon Trowel

Community leadership project aims to uplift Black youth 

• Jason Rabinowitz, secretary-treasurer of Local 2010, addresses Unit 6 workers ahead of the ratification vote. Photo taken from Teamsters 2010 Flickr account.

Teamsters Local 2010 tentative agreement to be voted on by CSU Board of Trustees

• Multiple cars populate the campus lot where a vehicle was burglarized Wednesday morning. Taken by Ariana Powell on Feb. 28.

UPD arrest 2 vehicle burglary suspects; stolen property recovered

Police arrest felon armed with a stolen firearm

A previously convicted man in possession of drugs and a stolen firearm was arrested Wednesday evening.

According to a press release from the Chico Police Department, officers first responded to the incident at 4:21 p.m. after receiving calls about a suspect stealing merchandise from Safeway on West Sacramento Avenue. The suspect fled in a stolen Chevy Silverado pickup truck, which was previously reported stolen out of the Chico Police Department.

While responding to the area, a sergeant spotted the truck pulling into the driveway of an apartment complex in the 2100 block of Nord Avenue. Officers conducted a high-risk traffic stop and detained the suspect without incident.

The suspect was identified as Douglas Lejk, a convicted felon who is known by Chico Police for his previous run-ins with the department. Officers searched his vehicle and found suspected heroin and drug paraphernalia, as well as a stolen firearm that was reported stolen last month in a vehicle burglary.

Lejk was booked into Butte County Jail and ultimately charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, receiving and possessing stolen property, felon in possession of a firearm, felon in possession of ammunition, possession of suspected heroin, and drug paraphernalia.

Josiah Nicholl can be reached at [email protected] or @josiah_theorion on Twitter.