• Tasha Alexander gardening. Photo Courtesy of Tasha Alexander.

Tasha Alexander: inspiring educator, alumna

• Pacientes y estudiantes pueden quedarse en la sala de espera antes de su cita. El laboratorio de Wellcat está dentro del centro de salud. El laboratorio realiza una variedad de pruebas incluyendo para ETS y otros problemas de salud.

Una nueva ETS está en el pueblo: ¿Que debería saber?

Wildcats volleyball bounces back from a two game slump

Chico State prepares for a serve from Cal State San Bernardino in this archived photo Photo credit: Maury Montalvo

If Chico State volleyball had to be described in one word, that word would be torturous. They have gone 4-4 since opening at home against Cal Poly Pomona.

In those contests when they have won they won in five sets and when they lose they get swept in three sets. This game was the exception when Chico State did some sweeping of their own against Humboldt State on Friday.

The Lumberjacks moved to 0-6 in conference after the outcome of this game. 25-20, 25-22, 25-18 was the score of the Wildcats first quick win since earlier in the month against Fresno Pacific University.

Despite the inconsistency from this team they still hold the lead in the North Division standings sitting at 11-5 overall and 4-4 in conference, tied for the best record in the division.

Against a team that had lost all of their past five games coming into this matchup, and is currently last in the Northern Division, the Wildcats couldn’t have had a better opponent to break their slump against.

“We needed this win not only for our confidence but this weekend is also huge for our placement in division,” Bekah Boyle said. “But we can’t dwell on it and I’m hoping we can come into tomorrow’s game even hungrier.”

Optimized-Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 9.31.41 AM.png
Chico State's #12 Makaela Keeve attempts to score her team a point against Cal State San Bernardino in this archived photo. Photo credit: Maury Montalvo

Bekah Boyle was one of three players on the Wildcats to lead the team in kills with 11, joining her were Kim Wright and Kennedy Rice. Nicole Desrochers also had a big night with 32 assists and that places her second in the California Collegiate Athletic Association with 581 assists overall, while also leading the CCAA in service aces.

“This is exactly what we needed coming off a tough week. We were able to stay in rhythm and control their off speed shots, giving us an opportunity to use our big arms up front,” Brooke Fogle said. “We are feeling confident heading to face Sonoma State tomorrow night.”

The Wildcats face another team on a losing streak in Sonoma State on Saturday, Sept. 29 at 7 p.m.

Sonoma State has lost their last two contests, so perhaps this is another team Chico State can use as a catalyst to build their lead in the division.

Ricardo Tovar can be reached at [email protected] or @rtovarg13 on Twitter.