Body found at Kendall Hall, police investigation ongoing

Kendall Hall was taped off and closed on Tuesday as police investigated the area where a deceased body was found. Photo credit: Natalie Hanson

Natalie Hanson

Kendall Hall was taped off and closed Tuesday morning after a deceased body was found on campus.

On Monday night, police discovered a body on campus in the area around Kendall Hall. The building was closed to the campus on Tuesday until 11 a.m. and the area around the building was taped off for most of the morning as police further investigated the scene.

IMG_0112.JPG

The area around Kendall Hall was closed on Tuesday as police investigated the area where a deceased body was found. Photo credit: Natalie Hanson

IMG_0124.JPG

Access to Kendall Hall was restricted Tuesday morning. Photo credit: Natalie Hanson

IMG_0116.JPG

An increased police presence was maintained on campus Tuesday, according to an email from President Gayle Hutchinson. Photo credit: Natalie Hanson

According to a campus-wide email sent by Chico State President, Gayle Hutchinson, the body does not appear to belong to any Chico State Employee or student.

Although the building was closed, the campus remained open and all classes remained in session.

IMG_0119.JPG

Police investigated the area where a body was found on campus. Photo credit: Natalie Hanson

IMG_0109.JPG

Access to Kendall Hall and the surrounding area was restricted to students Tuesday. Photo credit: Natalie Hanson

IMG_0122.JPG

Police investigated the area around Kendall Hall Tuesday morning. Photo credit: Natalie Hanson

The investigation is ongoing and further information may be released through campus-wide emails.

Natalie Hanson can be reached at [email protected] or @NatalieH_Orion on Twitter.