Guns, Knives and Robbery

Guns, Knives and Robbery

University Police

Call Type: Alcohol Related Issue

Saturday Feb. 16, 1:26 a.m., Whitney Hall

Female subject reported that she drank water given to her at a party, but it may not have been water. She started vomiting, but no medical attention was requested

Call Type: Suspicious Person

Friday Feb. 15, 11:09 a.m., Wildcat Recreation Center.

Two subjects heading south bound on Cherry Street carrying an industrial sized dumpster. Possibly stealing. Suspects rode away on bikes

Call Type: Camping/Lodging Complaint

Thursday Feb. 14, 1:59 a.m., Langdon Engineering Center

Two transients were seen sleeping on cardboard and sleeping bags inside the first floor hallway. Both subjects left the area.

Call Type: Suspicious Person

Thursday Feb. 14, 4:15 p.m., Bridge at Physical Science Building

Two or three kids were seen under the bridge, possibly trying to start a fire. The area was checked and two juveniles were found, but no fire was seen.

Call Type: Field Contact

Tuesday Feb. 12, 12:16 p.m., Holt Hall

Officer was flagged down by faculty who reported a knife on the north side of Butte Hall. Officer found the knife and a can of food that were taken to be destroyed.

Chico Police

Call Type: Robbery (Priority)

Tuesday Feb. 12, 2:29 a.m., Hannis Jk Marketing and Training on 100 Main St.

A customer was inside with a gun. The suspect left on foot with money. The suspect had a covered face, black pants and a black jacket. Suspect took $300-$400. Video footage is available.

Call Type: Theft/Warrant Arrest

Thursday Feb. 14, 9:35 a.m., 00 Abbot Cir.

Subject stealing packages off of porches. Subject had a scruffy beard and drove away in a newer model Jeep. Chico Police pulled the suspect over because of a traffic violation. Arrest was made.

Call Type: Gun in Public

Friday Feb. 15, 11:27 a.m., 2400 Notre Dame Blvd.

Male subject dressed in camouflage had a holster with a gun in it. Subject was walking quickly, made eye contact with the reporting party, then kept walking. Subject walked up to the reporting party and said that he worked for the Sheriff’s Department. Reporting party didn’t see the Sheriff Department van at first, but was able to identify it soon after. Turned out to be a SWAT van. No further action taken.

Call Type: Fight

Sunday Feb. 17. 3:50 p.m., 00 Plaza Way

Reporting party called about a disturbance in neighboring apartment. Two males and a female were in the apartment, the female is partially disabled and one of the males was bleeding from his head. Unsure if he was hit or stabbed, but no weapons were found on the scene. The other male was sitting on the couch. Reporting party believed the man on the couch caused the injuries.The injured man wished nothing further be done by Police. No further action taken.

Call type: Stolen Vehicle

Sunday Feb. 17, 8:46 p.m., 1500 Laburnum Ave.

Reporting party said his motorcycle, a 2017 black Kawasaki Ninja, was taken from its parking spot in the alley. Further description of the motorcycle states that it had bright orange fenders, section of green on the emblem, side bars and one rear plate.

Gordon Papalias can be reached at [email protected] or Twitter @GordonPapalias.