• Photo taken inside of the Bistro. Photo courtesy of Luis P.

Big Tuna Sushi Bistro: Flavor, tradition, innovation

• A student shovels dirt over the 2024 time capsule outside of Kendall Hall. The time capsule will be unveiled in 2074 as they are unveiled every 50 years. Taken by Grace Stark on April 23.

Chico State holds annual Time Capsule Ceremony for graduating seniors

Defense dominant for third straight Wildcat win

mb5.jpg

The Chico State men’s basketball team dominated both ends of the court Saturday night against the San Francisco State Gators. The ‘Cats beat the Gators by a score of 71-57 at Acker Gym.

Chico State’s defense was outstanding, causing a total of 23 turnovers with 20 points coming off those turnovers.

The offense did not disappoint as well. Both Amir Carraway and Jordan Semple had 18 points, while Giordano Estrada dropped 17 points and Sean Park put in 10 points of his own.

Despite both teams shooting exactly 50% from the field in the first half, the ‘Cats led by 12 at halftime, 38-26. This was possible because Chico State shot 11-14 from the free-throw line, while San Francisco state only shot 2-5.

The defense for Chico State made its mark during the second half. San Francisco State was held to only 39.29% shooting from the field. The ‘Cats would go on a 21-4 run which started at the end of the first half and into the second half. It was smooth sailing after that for the ‘Cats.

Chico State improved to 14-4 overall and 10-4 in the California Collegiate Athletic Association. The ‘Cats will host UC San Diego next on Feb. 7 at 7:30 p.m.

Sergio Sanchez can be reached at [email protected] or
@sergechez on Twitter.