• Front view of Kendall Hall

Jewish students react to antisemitic vandalism on campus, President Perez responds

• Cruz Mora is on the ballot for Live Oak City Council this November. Photo Credit: Cruz Mora

Public administration student takes on local-level politics

• Pro-Palestine banners put up on Butte Hall by Students for Justice in Palestine. Photo taken May 1, 2024. Photo taken May 1, 2024 by Molly Myers.

Ceasefire campaign launches on campus, President Perez sends email on protests 

• A heavy police presence is in the area of Nord Avenue. Taken by Callum Standish on May 2.

Police apprehend suspect following stabbing in area of Nord Avenue

• Left Fielder Troy Kent taking a swing in the 5th inning. Taken by Aaron Draper.

Chico State baseball drops to 5th after a tough series against East Bay

Milca Elvira Chacon

Chico State gave an update on the potential tuberculosis and meningitis cases via an email to the campus community on Wednesday.

The email said the TB case continues to be unconfirmed and that confirmation requires several tests that “can take up to eight weeks.”

The individual is still in isolation and getting treatment from the WellCat Health Center

Butte County Public Health will contact individuals who were potentially exposed to TB and provide information on how and when they can get tested. 

“Based on preliminary analysis, we believe the number of people who have met the threshold and will be advised to get tested will be a very small percentage of our campus community,” the email stated.

The university is continuing to monitor the Neisseria meningitis case and informed the campus community that symptoms can appear within two to 10 days after exposure. 

If there are no symptoms within 14 days of exposure, individuals usually aren’t infected. However, the WellCat encourages students to seek medical help if potentially exposed or experiencing any related symptoms.

Milca Elvira Chacon can be reached at [email protected].