• Tommy, a 3 year old Golden Retriever, interacts with students at The Well. Taken by Toby Neal on Feb. 28.

Bell Memorial Union is going to the dogs

• Signs with checkmarks on them. Created by Steven Amador on Mar. 1

CSU Board of Trustees to vote on Academic Professionals of America tentative agreement

Led Zeppelin IV tribute concert to feature eccentric spin on classics

TheLoLosAnniePaige.jpg
The LoLos, who performed at the Wildcat Welcome Concert earlier this semester, will be one of more than 11 local acts performing at A.S. Productions' Led Zeppelin IV concert Saturday, Sept. 13. Photo credit: Annie Paige

A full cover of Led Zeppelin’s legendary fourth untitled rock ‘n’ roll album, commonly known as “Led Zeppelin IV,” will occur in the Bell Memorial Union auditorium at 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 13. Eleven acts, featuring many local musicians and dancers, will come together to put a unique Chico twist on the classic.

The concert, produced by Uncle Dad’s Art Collective and A.S. Productions, showcases a wide variety of genres from the local music scene, featuring bands such as Aubrey Debauchery & the Broken Bones, The LoLos, The Butte Area Cypher Crew, Pageant Dads and The Shimmies.

With covers of hits like “Black Dog,”‘ “Stairway to Heaven” and “When the Levee Breaks,” the event will allow those unfamiliar with the local music scene to listen to a diverse group of musicians perform popular tracks.

The show could be compared to a nice day of wine tasting, just substitute the wine with music.

“It’s going to be a little different for sure,” said Matthew Heyden, the lead singer of The LoLos. “Expect a lot more energy and more rock for our performance of ‘The Battle of Evermore.’ People can look forward to the exaggerated Celtic style of Led Zeppelin during our track.”

The show’s take on “Led Zeppelin IV” will be somewhat outside the box.

The event aims to take well-known material and present it in an interesting way, said Joshua Hegg, managing director of Uncle Dad’s Art Collective

“We are doing a few things for the first time at this event, such as collaborating with dancers to instill an interesting take on ‘Stairway to Heaven,'” he said.

[box]

Concert Details

• Date: Saturday, Sept. 13
  • Time: 8 p.m.
  • Location: BMU Auditorium
  • Price for Chico State student: $5 presale, $7 at the door

[/box]

Tickets can be purchased online or at the University Box Office.

Michael Quiring can be reached at [email protected] or @theorion_news on Twitter.