• Tasha Alexander gardening. Photo Courtesy of Tasha Alexander.

Tasha Alexander: inspiring educator, alumna

• Pacientes y estudiantes pueden quedarse en la sala de espera antes de su cita. El laboratorio de Wellcat está dentro del centro de salud. El laboratorio realiza una variedad de pruebas incluyendo para ETS y otros problemas de salud.

Una nueva ETS está en el pueblo: ¿Que debería saber?

• Patients or students can stay in the waiting area before appointments. The Wellcats lab is located inside the heath center and performs a variety of tests including for STDs and other health issues. Taken by Milca Elvira Chacon.

New STI just dropped: What should I know?

Sorority to aid special needs children in community

Optimized-7d413ac0-559c-4fbe-b7e1-d6eaad9a201d.jpg
Members of the Sorority Upsilon Kappa Delta volunteer at this year’s Yellow Door Walk for Autism Awareness From left to right:
Andrea Hernández, Ana Hernández Gonzalez, Andrea Lopez, Griselda Avila, Carmen Toribio. Photo courtesy of Andrea Hernández Photo credit: Austin Redfern

On Saturday, Upsilon Kappa Delta hosted a carnival for children with special needs on campus that featured a variety of carnival games, prizes such as pencils and coloring books and food for the children to enjoy.

Andrea Hernández, Upsilon Kappa Delta’s vice president of external affairs, public relations chair and athletic chair, said that special needs doesn’t necessarily just mean children with disabilities and that the carnival is open to every child.

“This is a carnival for children with special needs,” Hernández said. “We are trying our best to cater to the children that are often not included because of their differences.”

The carnival is put on by Upsilon Kappa Delta every spring and the sorority makes sure that they utilize campus resources, fundraising and even help from their fellow Greeks to make it happen.

“Because this is something we do every spring, we always make sure to have fundraisers where the proceeds will solely go to funding our carnival,” Hernández said.

Austin Redfern can be reached at [email protected] or @theorion_newson Twitter.