• Meet The Orions fall 2024 editorial board. Collage created by Ariana Powell on May 8 using Pixlr.

Meet The Orion’s fall 2024 editorial board!

• President Perez shaking the hand of Taylor Bisby as she receives her Masters degree. Taken by Jessica Miller on May 15

Chico State celebrates Graduate Studies Commencement

S.T.O.P. conference cut short by strike

Vincent Le runs the booth for Stop Trafficking of Persons. Photo credit: Molly Sullivan

The Stop Trafficking of Persons club tabled outside of Butte Hall on March 8 to raise awareness about their upcoming events, including their annual conference on April 11-14. However, the conference may be cut short by the CFA strike.

Organizers worry that the strike will interrupt students’ regular presence on campus and therefore their attendance at the conference.

“It’s going to distract the campus from the conference,” said Vincent Le, treasurer of S.T.O.P. “We don’t want to compete with the strike, we don’t want to get mired in it so we’re just going to try to adapt to the situation.”

The conference will feature testimonies from law enforcement, survivors of human trafficking and instruction on how the public can help.

Molly Sullivan can be reached at [email protected] or @SullivanMollyM on Twitter.