Incoming students pose for annual “C” picture

Chico State's mascot high fives freshmen on their way to take the annual

Chico State's mascot high fives freshmen on their way to take the annual "C" photo Photo credit: Kaylie Lewis

Kaylie Lewis

Students and staff came out Friday morning to the University Stadium to continue a long standing tradition of taking a picture in the form of a letter “C” to welcome the newest wildcats to Chico.

Amongst a sea of “Welcome Home Wildcats” t-shirts Natalie Bogdon, a member of the student philanthropy council was all smiles.

“As the philanthropy council here at Chico State, we are super stoked to be a part of this event and be here to welcome freshmen to their new home,” Bogdon said.

A mob of incoming freshmen came parading into the stadium. They were cheered on by volunteers standing in a tunnel waving their arms.

“This is a great way to welcome and show our new wildcats what Chico is all about,” said Radhika Kataria, a volunteer at the event. “I hope this gets them excited for the year ahead.”

Kaylie Lewis can be reached at [email protected] or @kaylielewis_ on Twitter.