• Students are trickling back to the third floor after renovations are complete. Photo taken by Amy Blair Feb. 19.

Meriam Library third floor is back in business

• The Chico Seed Orchard nature trail is about one mile long, paved and surrounded by a variety of trees with an interesting historical background. Photo by Heather Taylor on Feb. 3, 2024.

New trail of thought: Chico Seed Orchard

• Chico State baseball celebrates a hard-fought win over Montana State Billings. Taken by Lukas Mann on Feb. 8.

Revamped Chico State baseball squad off to undefeated start

• Wildcats play. Taken by Milca Elvira Chacon.

Chico State men’s basketball weekend recap: A triumph and setback on the road

• Students wait in line for the Harvester food truck. Taken by Jolie Asuncion Sept. 22, 2022.

15% of Sales: Associated Students Dining Services agreement

Chico State presents ‘Take Back the Trail’

Chico State hosts an event regarding the stigma involving the “rape trail.” Photo credit: Carly Campbell

Students in a social movement’s class set up and participated in an event on campus to help combat sexual assault May 4.

Chico State’s “rape trail,” located between O’Connell and Yolo fields, is where the event took place, to signify the importance of this issue.

Take Back the Trail is focused on gathering students to actively involve them in the discussion about rape culture and consent.

“Chico State promotes values of social justice and wants students to find their voice while engaging in public discourse,” said Eddie Vela, dean of behavioral and social sciences college.

The University and the City of Chico have been implementing a plan to get rid of this stigma regarding rape culture.

They also recently have been approved to add more lights and security cameras around campus to help with student safety.

Carly Campbell can be reached at [email protected] or @carlyorion on Twitter.