Chico State raises thousands on Giving Tuesday

Chico State alumni, Dylan Wakefield, gave to the Chico State men's soccer team. Image Credit to Bertin Loyola.

Luke Dennison

Chico State raised a total of over $214,910 through a campus wide, 24 hour long, giving day fundraiser Tuesday.

Community members, alumni, students and faculty of the university took part in the all day national event. Chico Cares, Support Your Favorite Wildcat Team? and Miles For Teaching Fund were participating campus supported organizations.

Athletics

Chico State Athletics Director, Anita Barker, supported the teams by giving. Image Credit to Bertin Loyola.

Organization totals were to be submitted by the end of the day. Chico Cares raised $51,624, The Miles For Teaching Fund raised an amount of $5,160, Wildcat athletics raised a combined total of $66,564 for all 13 athletic programs.

“Giving Tuesday is such a great opportunity to think about the things that really matter,” said Polly Mazariegos, Chico State’s Alpha Phi Sorority member. “It supports clubs and organizations that mean a lot to myself and my peers.”

Donations will continue to accepted until the end of the year.

More information can be found at Chico State Giving Day.

Luke Dennison can be reached at [email protected] or @OrionNews_Luke on Twitter.