• The student health center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, and is closed for an hour each day from noon to 1 p.m. Courtesy: WellCat Health Center, taken by Jason Halley/University Photographer

Healthcare for students anytime, anywhere: all the WellCat has to offer

• Second Street from the B Line bus station. Taken by Maki Chapman on Feb. 28.

Backsliding on alcohol rules, or maybe moving forward

• Staff Members of the Black Youth Leadership Project 
Left-Right: Pamela Irby, Laniea LaGarde, Quinessa Stibbins, Laila Anderson, Candy Jackson, Keila Lee, Brandon Trowel

Community leadership project aims to uplift Black youth 

• Jason Rabinowitz, secretary-treasurer of Local 2010, addresses Unit 6 workers ahead of the ratification vote. Photo taken from Teamsters 2010 Flickr account.

Teamsters Local 2010 tentative agreement to be voted on by CSU Board of Trustees

• Multiple cars populate the campus lot where a vehicle was burglarized Wednesday morning. Taken by Ariana Powell on Feb. 28.

UPD arrest 2 vehicle burglary suspects; stolen property recovered

Campus awarded sustainability gold

sustainability.jpg
Community members met for Campus Sustainability Day in the Bell Memorial Union auditorium on Oct. 23.Photo credit: Shelby Keck” height=”214

Chico State has been awarded the second-highest sustainability rating offered by the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education.

The university received a “gold” rating under the association’s self-reporting system, which has given higher education institutions a way to measure performance and progress since 2010, according to a Chico State press release.

“This represents the first completed campuswide assessment of sustainability programs, policies and practices in the University’s history,” said Fletcher Alexander, sustainability coordinator for the University’s Institute for Sustainable Development, in the release.

“The report is the culmination of years of cross-campus collaborative efforts by students, faculty, staff and administration,” Alexander said. “We are extremely proud of this achievement.”

The university scored a total 67.26 points, with 65 required for the gold rating, in categories including Education and Research; Operations; Planning, Administration and Engagement; and Innovation, according to the release.

The next and highest level offered by the system is “platinum,” with a required minimum of 85 points.

The campus received the best possible scores in Co-Curricular Education and Innovation, according to the report. The lowest proportional score was in Energy, with .06 of 7 possible points awarded for clean and renewable energy.

The full report can be viewed here.

The Orion can be reached at [email protected] or @theorion_news on Twitter.