Get weird with Chico’s alternative talent show

unnamed.jpg
Flyer for Keep Chico Weird. Photo courtesy of Keep Chico Weird.

For a fun, funky and especially fresh Saturday night experience, head to the Keep Chico Weird Talent Show to see talented Chico residents compete for a trophy, a gift bag and an opportunity to perform at Feather Falls Casino or at the CAMMIES Awards Show.

The Chico News and Review will host the competition to showcase and award talented musicians, comedians, poets, acrobats and thespians, among others, on Feb. 1 at the El Rey Theatre.

In addition to the competitors, the event will feature performances by Chico-based groups Chikoko, a business centered around fashion events and art, and Michelin Embers, a four-piece band.

The participating judges include “The Beards,” Brandon Squyres and Adam Switzer from season 23 of “The Amazing Race,” David “Dragonboy” Sutherland, the artist and director of Manas Artspace and Megan McMann, KNVN/KHSL news anchor.

Doors will open at 7 p.m. and the show will begin at 7:30. Tickets are available for purchase here for $10 until Jan. 31 or at the El Rey Theatre for $12 at the door.

Maegan Webster can be reached at [email protected] or @mae_dictionary on Twitter.