Drug scares and alcohol issues plague Chico

Trenton Taylor

Chico Police

Call Type: Disturbance

Monday, April 8, 1:53 a.m., 00 Hidden Brooke Way

Reporting party advised that her roommate assaulted her and her friends. Subject took one pill of molly and has had alcohol. She was gone upon police arrival.

Call Type: Drunk In Public

Wednesday, April 10, 10:10 a.m., 2200 Esplanade

Near a smog shop, male subject passed out shirtless near the gate. An arrest was made, transported to Enloe for medical evaluation.

Call Type: Fireworks

Thursday, April 11, 12:27 a.m., 1000 South Park Dr.

Subject setting off fireworks in the street. Reporting party said the subject had been throwing them into trash cans, lighting the trash on fire. Police were unable to locate the source.

Call Type: Harass Complaint

Friday, April 12, 7:03 p.m., 1800 Laburnum Ave.

Reporting party provides massages and is listed on craigslist. Male subject keeps calling and texting her telling her not to post sexual pictures. She has tried to block his number, but he keeps using new numbers to reach her. She has seen his vehicle outside her apartment multiple times.

Call Type: Drunk In Public

Sunday, April 14, 8:44 a.m., 400 Cedar St.

Reporting party told police that she was at a park near the train tracks requesting to be picked up before she jumps in front of the train. She then begins crying hysterically. Police made the arrest, advised Union Pacific that the tracks are now clear.

University Police

Call Type: Theft

Monday, April 8, 6:54 p.m., Yolo Lawn

Reporting party saw 2 subjects at the bike racks with tools, taking parts from different bikes. Contact was made with the bike owner, subjects not found.

Call Type: Narcotics Violation

Wednesday, April 10, 8:51 a.m., Acker Gym

Student advising there is a brown crystal substance in a bag labeled “Meth” in a drawer in the classroom. Officer found out that there were no drugs, it was just trash that had not been thrown away.

Call Type: Suspicious Circumstance

Wednesday, April 10, 7:37 a.m., Alpha Gamma Rho on Ivy St.

Two male subjects were walking into the frat house, one subject was completely wet and not happy. Reporting party believes that it was a hazing incident. Officer spoke to frat member and was told that they do not haze.

Call Type: Medical Aid

Saturday, April 13, 4:40 p.m., Wildcat Recreation Center

Reports of subject having a seizure in a breakroom at the WREC. There was no seizure, the subject went into the dark room to prevent having one. Declined medical assistance.

Call Type: Alcohol Issue

Sunday, April 14, 12:31 a.m., Whitney Hall

Near the men’s restrooms on the 7th floor, subject laying on the floor and has vomited. Subject was transported by medics.